Cleaning out the fridge

The last few days before departure were incredibly hectic. Things at work have been crazy for Kyusik, and I submitted an annual report and concept note to Gates. Plus, I squeezed in some play dates and optometry and orthodontist appointments for the boys. Fortunately we were able to get our travel vaccines and medicines. My best friend from college, Cara, and her family were all in town so that she could work and Dave, Mira, and Calder could have fun in SF. We managed to meet up with them for visits to 2 different playgrounds and restaurants. The boys also had ice cream out 2 days in a row, which I believe is a first under our watch (ahem). I tried to clean out our fridge so that we wouldn’t return to rotten contents. I either gave food to our neighbors, the Wongs, threw stuff in the freezer, or took things with us, including carrots, apples, Asian pears, tomatoes, boiled eggs, a savory Korean egg custard dish, and a Thistle salad. It was the healthiest airport food we’d ever had! 



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Temple with Monks and Nuns

A regular day by Bryce

All on my own