Perfect breakfast


Perhaps this blog should be renamed our food travel diary. I didn't sleep well last night. I think my body is so confused as to what time zone I'm in. Met Nui at 5:30 am to go for a walk at Lumphini Park and then have breakfast at a market. We had a sweet black sesame and red bean soup and a noodle soup with fish balls and pork. So good and all for $2.

I went shopping for clothes (bought a skirt, 2 tops, socks) and had chicken and fish fried rice for lunch. Then met Nui and my other colleague Pratin in the afternoon. After discussing plans for next week’s meetings with the Division of Vector Borne Diseases (including the malaria program) and the upcoming workshop that I am supposed to evaluate in the Southern province of Nakhon Si Thammarat, a province that has successfully eliminated malaria (zero transmission of malaria) and is now is the prevention of re-establishment phase, we went shopping and out to eat for fish noodle soup. I got spicy tom yum soup with glass noodles. I had to get back to my room for a meeting with my Zimbabwe team at 7 pm. And then I was pleasantly surprised to get a call from the hotel front desk that my suitcase arrived! I am so excited to have all of my clothes, especially my running shoes!













Comments

  1. Glad you received your luggage. Blog should definitely be renamed something like "Culinary Travels." Fun to go shopping there too!
    206

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad your luggage found you. Quite the Amanda adventure, mixed in with work, as usual.
    GG

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Temple with Monks and Nuns

A regular day by Bryce

All on my own